Saturday, June 13, 2009

June... so far

Summer

We've been having a lot of fun this summer. St. George has a ton of family-friendly, free or inexpensive activities. We go to the splash pad (a huge courtyard down by the library with water jets and rocks for the kids to climb on and other water activities), the city pool (which is indoors and has a huge slide and kids play area with water squirting everywhere), geocaching (my family bought Fritz an awesome GPS for his birthday), or just play with the Slip 'n' Slide out back.

The boy, G, is now enrolled in summer school for three hours every morning and group therapy for three hours every afternoon, with just an hour between for lunch. I do a lot of driving around town. In addition, he still has weekly individual therapy, needs extensive dental surgery (two more appointments), and they both have visitation with their parents weekly.

My mom keeps telling me, "You do remember you're 7 months pregnant, right?" Truth be told, I do forget that a lot, then feel the effects of it later. There was one day last week where I got G off to school, then Fritz, S, and I went geocaching. We came home and got the kids lunch, dropped G off at group, went geocaching again, and then I took S to individual therapy. It got out early, so we went back home for an hour, then I had to head back out to pick G up from group and get him home and ready for scouts. Yeah, we totally had chicken nuggets for dinner that night. I even skipped some pages in the books at bedtime, shh!

But mostly, things are going great.

We're in escrow for our first house. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out the whole process, and budgeting this and that. We close in two weeks. There's still so much packing and cleaning and painting and preparing to do.

The baby's doing great. (I'm going to refer to it as "him" for brevity's sake.) My weight, his weight, his heartbeat, my levels... everything's just perfect, the doctor says. The baby's a little wiggle-worm. It's hilarious to watch him stick hands and feet and bum out against my belly. This one's not a sleeper, that's for sure.

And that's about it. We're just sort of chugging along. So what's new with you?

No comments: