Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Margaret and Fritz and I visited my parents in Vegas for Thanksgiving this year.

Margaret wore the pretty new dress Nana bought for her. Naturally, she refused a matching red bow and immediately kicked her shoes off once we arrived.





We had some amazing appetizers while we played Phase 10 and Disney Charades. I always insist on being on my grandma's team, because she openly cheats in our favor. ;) Margaret amused herself by talking to the dogs and eating half a box of crackers.

We sat down to dinner at a beautiful table.



We've been using these centerpieces since I was a little girl.


I love fancy butter!


Margaret reminded us all to pray before we started to eat. (We never intentionally taught her this trick. When she was about 9 months old, Fritz and I began saying our nightly family prayer in her room before bed. Just a few months later, she started folding her arms and giving us a pointed look after she finished nursing each night. She always reaches out to hold Fritz's hand halfway through the prayer.)



Then we all dug into our family's traditional frozen grapefruit and ginger ale appetizer.  The dinner that followed was delicious and filling, just as a Thanksgiving meal ought to be!



Here's a shot of Fritz enjoying his dessert. Boy loves his pie.



Photobucket

No comments: