Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bygel Tea Station

Our recent trip to Ikea sent us home with the Bygel rail system I'd been dying to buy for ages. Ok, 3 Bygel rail systems. They're just so darn convenient, and attractive too. One of them found its way into our kitchen to corral tea accouterments and sweeteners.



Our kitchen is small, so I have to take advantage of every inch of counter/cabinet/pantry real estate I can. The only place left to go was the wall. I hung the Bygel next to the sink, for easy access to my morning/evening tea.



The Fintorp cutlery caddy holds stir spoons, a milk frother, tea infusers, and reusable stir sticks.



The Bygel basket holds two pretty ramekins I purchased from Pier 1, and some inexpensive shakers.

white sugar, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, brown sugar


The ramekins were a splurge for our budget at $10, especially when I'm sure I had some other containers that would have worked, but they're such a lovely color, I couldn't resist them.



Below the Bygel system is a tray with 3 large teacups. The cups hold my morning and evening teas as well as used tea bags.



Which reminds me, I think it's time for another cup.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your blog title!! We are huge Little House fans, here. I really like the way you've done your tea set up. Isn't Ikea the greatest? Can you link this up at my blog on Making Space Mondays?

Hydrangeas and Harmony said...

Isn't Ikea great? They have so many fun finds to dress up everyday necessities!